Monday, May 21, 2012

Romero – Solitaire

February 16, 2011 • Grindcore Karaoke

I don't know how I got this release, but here I am anyway. Romero's style is a slow, trudging sort of stoner metal not unlike a doomier Goatsnake. Granted, I don't listen to a lot of stoner rock/metal so I could be talking out of my ass here, but these songs both sound a bit generic to me. They're not bad, to be sure, but there's really nothing unique or interesting about them so I simply can't bring myself to care much.

I do like the softer, twangy lead-in to the heavy breakdown halfway into "Solitaire", and the bluesy intro to "El sentido morboso" is neato. But that's about all there is to say; I'm pretty ambivalent about these two songs in the end. If I actually wanted to listen to some stoner metal (which is a rare occurrence), why not stick with the Goatsnake I already have?

5

No comments:

Post a Comment