Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Build Buildings + Marlo Bright – Isomers

September 1, 2007 • Standard Klik Music

Another trip to the defunct netlabel Standard Klik Music's archives today, and another release I don't know a single thing about yet I'm going to tell you all about it anyway. Build Buildings and Marlo Bright are apparently a couple of microhouse artists who remixed each others songs and put them out.

As you probably expect, this EP has the same sort of minimalist, glitchy, stuttery, spacey music that Standard Klik seems to like. Microhouse isn't a genre I know much about, but based on what I've heard this is a relatively typical and safe example of the genre. Beats are simple 4/4 clicks and jitters with a wash of fluttery synths and thick background drones supporting them. A very "bedroom"-y sort of music, to be sure, but not without merit.

Like the rest of the Standard Klik catalog I've heard, Isomers isn't really anything terribly special, but it's a pleasing listen for what it's worth and a good way to get a small taste of a genre I'm not very familiar with. Of course I need to actually put in the time to explore the style further, and I haven't gotten around to that yet, but one day...

6

No comments:

Post a Comment